The CBLIP Strategic Plan (2022-2025) is the guiding document for the work of the CBLIP – providing a road map for its work to build more welcoming and inclusive communities in Cape Breton and make it easier for newcomers to settle in here.
The plan includes five areas of focus:
- Contributing to research, resource development, and information sharing regarding the housing needs of newcomers
- Community Belonging
- Building and enhancing the communication, relationships, and resources needed to foster more welcoming and inclusive communities
- Raising public awareness of the benefits of immigration and the needs of newcomers
- Supporting collaborative efforts to foster meaningful employment opportunities and inclusive workplaces for newcomers
- Demonstrating Impact
- Identifying indicators of our success and evaluating the impact of our work
Click here to download and view the CBLIP Strategic Plan (2022-2025).
What We Achieved Together in 2022:
- Launched our new Strategic Plan for 2022 to 2025. Check it out here!
- Established five new working groups to move plans into action in our areas of focus: community belonging, housing, employment, awareness, and demonstrating impact. Want to get involved? Find out how!
- Held the annual CBLIP partner update event in Membertou in December. The year’s theme was ‘Re•Connection’. Did you miss it? Find the recording here!
- Continued promoting the ‘Belonging is for Everyone’ campaign. Learn more about the campaign here.
- Undertook the annual update of our Newcomer Service Map.
- Participated in CBU’s Community Student Research Connection Program and explored the factors that influence decisions to leave Cape Breton.
- Continued to bring perspectives from Cape Breton to regional and national discussions, through participation in the National LIP Secretariat Executive Committee, the National LIP Secretariat Research Working Group, the Pathways to Prosperity Standing Committee on Immigration to Northern, Rural and Remote Communities, ARAISA, Atlantic LIP gatherings, etc.
- And so much more!
Check Out Previous CBLIP Partner Update Events
For more information on the Cape Breton Local Immigration Partnership, its partners, activities, and much more, click below:
Want to learn more about the CBLIP?
Contact the CBLIP Program Manager, Kailea Pedley, at email@example.com
Are you new to Unama’ki – Cape Breton – or supporting people who are? Visit www.welcometocapebreton.ca for a guide to living, working, and moving to Cape Breton. Brought to you by the Cape Breton Partnership, this website is packed with useful, reliable information to help navigate the move of a lifetime.