November 17, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(SYDNEY, NS) – The NextGen Leadership Society in collaboration has teamed up with the Cape Breton Partnership to present the third annual Vital Cape Breton Excellence Awards on November 24, 2016 at Centre 200. The Vital Awards celebrate individuals between the ages of 16 – 40 who have made a significant impact in their community or workplace, as well as local employers who show a continued effort to give young people meaningful professional work experience. After receiving numerous deserving nominations the final list of talented and exceptional Vital Award winners has been released.
Vital Excellence – Employer Category
- Colaisde nà Gaidhlig/The Gaelic College – The Honourable Rodney MacDonald, Chief Executive Officer
- Jill’s Chocolates/Iona Heights Inn – Jill Franklin, Owner & Operator
- Docmaster – Danielle & Market Patterson, Co-owners and Operators
- Sydney Credit Union – Bob Coffin, Chief Executive Officer
- Downtown Nutrition – Wayne Miller, Owner & Operator
Vital Excellence – Employee Category
- Christa Carey-MacDonald – Manager of Engineering and Design Services Group, Protocase
- Katherine MacLeod – Learning and Media Specialist, Highland Village
- Kathleen Whelan – Coordinator of Meals on Wheels, New Dawn
- Rory Andrews – Community Content Coordinator, goCapeBreton.com
- Amey Beaton – Tourism Development Officer, Municipality of the County of Inverness
Vital Excellence – Individual Category
- Caitlyn Purcell & Sarabeth Drover – Owners & Operators, Salty Roses and Periwinkle Café
- Meaghan Keating – Physician, Island Family Health Care
- Matthew Burke – Manager, Caper Radio
- Frances Burton – Community Volunteer, Sydney N.S.
- Gail Christmas – Councilor, Membertou First Nation
- Lori Buke – Executive Director, Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design
The NextGen Leadership Society and the Cape Breton Partnership invite you to join them in celebrating Cape Breton’s youth and their employers at Centre 200 for the Vital Awards from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, November 24, 2016. Tickets can be purchased for $30.00 online or by phone at 902-562-0122.
For more information about the Vital Cape Breton Excellence Awards visit the NextGen Cape Breton website.
Chair, NextGen Cape Breton Leadership Society
President & CEO, Cape Breton Partnership
902-562-0122 (w) 902-565-8577 (c)