- Host: Cape Breton Partnership
- Location: Joan Harriss Cruise Pavillion, Kavanagh Room - 70 Esplanadae, Sydney, NS
- Register / Tickets: Click Here
- Start: Wednesday July 12 @ 9:00am
- End: Wednesday July 12 @ 11:00am
Join the Cape Breton Partnership, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, Nova Scotia Labour, Skills and Immigration, and Nova Scotia Works on Wednesday, July 12 at 9 a.m. to learn how immigration helps employers meet labour needs!
Learn how to navigate the Canadian immigration system, and how to support your employees and newcomers to stay in Unama’ki – Cape Breton.
Representatives of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will provide an overview of Federal immigration programs including:
- how to hire temporary foreign workers and the work permit process;
- hiring international students and how to retain them after they graduate;
- resources to help you find skilled workers faster;
- Francophone immigration opportunities;
- and permanent residence pathways available to allow workers to stay in Canada long-term.
Nova Scotia Labour, Skills and Immigration will provide a summary of:
- provincial programming including the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) and the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP);
- international recruitment opportunities;
- and retention strategies.
Nova Scotia Works will teach employers about:
- HR tools;
- training resources;
- and wage subsidy information.
Light Refreshments are included in registration. Space is limited, please register by Tuesday, July 11, 2023, at 4 p.m.