Note: This page will be updated as further details are available. Translation of this page’s content is available by accessing the tool on the bottom right of this page.
Due to the ongoing impact of Hurricane Fiona and the resulting clean-up efforts, the Cape Breton Partnership Sydney Office is closed until power and internet are restored. Our Staff across the Island remain active, able, and willing to support local businesses and communities where possible as power and internet access allow.
As the clean-up and recovery effort continues across our Island, we hope you, your families, and your communities remain safe.
If you have any questions or need to reach a member of our team during this time, please send all inquiries to email@example.com and we will connect you with a member of our team. As access to power and internet is currently unreliable in a variety of communities, please note our response times may be reduced until full access is returned. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Helpful Phone Numbers and Links
As per the Province of Nova Scotia, the following is a list of resources, links, and phone numbers to keep in mind:
Financial Support Information from Province of Nova Scotia
Nova Scotian residents and businesses that have been impacted by Hurricane Fiona will receive financial support from the Province.
Support for individuals
- $100 for every household that lost power for at least 48 hours to help cover the cost of spoiled food
- up to $250 for every person that has to pay for tree removal from their property
- an additional $250 on top of the existing $750 Seniors Care Grant to help with storm repairs
- $150 to all current income assistance recipients, including Disability Support Program participants receiving income support (the additional $150 is processed automatically)
- residential property owners and tenants can apply for disaster financial assistance for damage or loss from Hurricane Fiona
- $1,000 per household in emergency funding for people ordered out of their homes or who can’t return to their homes (you can register with the Canadian Red Cross online or by calling 1-800-863-6582)
Support for small businesses and non-profits
Click here for Supports and Applications
- Disaster financial assistance for non-profits: Hurricane Fiona: Non-profits can apply for disaster financial assistance for damage or loss from Hurricane Fiona.
- Disaster financial assistance for small businesses: Hurricane Fiona: Small businesses can apply for disaster financial assistance for damage or loss from Hurricane Fiona.
- Small Business Hurricane Relief Program: Small businesses can apply for a one-time $2,500 grant to help cover the cost of unanticipated business closures from Hurricane Fiona (additional information to come).
Local Government Updates
To keep up-to-date with Provincial and local response to the Hurricane and the resulting clean-up efforts, visit: