CBREN Business Planning Advisor
- June 18, 2018
- Presented By: The Cape Breton Partnership
The Cape Breton Partnership is looking for a driven multi-talented person to fill the role of Business Planning Advisor for the Cape Breton Regional Enterprise Network (CBREN). You will produce high quality work while working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying current and potential businesses requiring support for business planning.
- Work with partner organizations to present workshops, business educational programs and information sessions in Richmond, Inverness and Victoria counties.
- Develop business plans and supports for new and potential businesses.
- Working with the BRE Action Team to identify support required for existing businesses.
- Monitor and track leads and opportunities in a comprehensive business database.
- Use BRE Tools to assess business opportunities and issues for new and existing businesses.
Skills & Qualifications
- Requires a university or college degree/diploma in a related discipline (Business, Communications, or Economics).
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the economic development field.
- Valid Driver’s License and current driving abstract.
- Ability to be diplomatic and tactful with local political, community and business leaders, government officials, members of professional organizations and representatives of other levels of government.
- Political acuity and sensitivity along with exemplary presentation and analytical skills.
- Requires knowledge of business theories and practices as well as knowledge of local and regional economic development potential and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal direction. Knowledge of government and private sector funding and support opportunities available to business.
- Ability to prepare well thought out proposals and make recommendations.
- Have research skills.
- Ability to network with communities, businesses, economic development professionals and a wide variety of other organizations.
- Ability to work effectively with community leaders, diverse community groups, and all levels of government.
- Needs to possess a positive, optimistic attitude.
- Must be able to analyze and condense information in a logical way to be able to provide clear and concise guidance.
The CBREN Business Planning Advisor will work in both an office environment and in the field and will work a standard work week. Flexibility in working hours is required as some work will happen outside the standard work week. Place of work to be determined, candidate to provide indication of preference. Travel throughout the region will be required.
Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Training would be considered an asset.
A competitive salary will be offered based on qualifications and experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.