ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Cape Breton Partnership is leading the development of an island-wide innovation plan. Working in collaboration with post-secondary, private sector, community, and government partners, the plan will build upon Cape Breton’s unique strengths to make Cape Breton’s innovation system one of the best, and most supportive, in the world.
As part of this plan, the Partnership will be working with partners to enhance and coordinate entrepreneurship support services and programs across the island—including streamlining, coordinating and promoting existing services, filling gaps in services with new programming, and establishing a network of innovation and entrepreneurship spaces across the island. To accomplish this, the Partnership is looking to hire a dynamic and multi-talented Associate Director of Entrepreneurship to help lead these initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation, the Associate Director of Entrepreneurship is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and management of our enhanced suite of entrepreneurial services.
- Develop business and marketing plans for spaces network and associated programming.
- Liaise with community, government, and post-secondary partners and oversee development of funding proposals, design, and construction of community innovation spaces around the island.
- Lead community outreach and marketing of community innovation spaces network.
- Develop and implement plans to manage, maintain, and deliver program at these spaces in a manner that delivers excellent client services, and builds capacity and community among entrepreneurs.
- Work with partners and Partnership colleagues to better coordinate, enhance, and fill gaps in the entrepreneurial support system as required.
- Foster relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Complete annual reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Have a university degree—preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or business.
- Have relevant work experience—preferably in economic development, innovation, entrepreneurship, project management, or related fields.
- Are friendly, professional, enthusiastic, and enjoy hard work.
- Are very organized and manage your time well.
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Can work both as part of a team and independently.
- Can both take direction and initiative as needed.
- Are a great writer, researcher and editor.
- Are comfortable speaking in front of a crowd.
- Can travel to different parts of Cape Breton, and Nova Scotia as needed (i.e. have a car and driver’s license).
- Are able to work flexible hours as needed.
Nice-to-have skills and qualifications:
- Have started or run your own business.
- Have started or run a co-working space and/or business incubator program.
- Are fluent in one or more of the languages other than English spoken in Cape Breton: French, Mi’kmaq, or Gaelic.
- Have expertise on innovation and/or entrepreneurial systems.
- Have graphic design skills.
- Are an adept strategist and communications planner.
- Are a wizard at Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (bonus points for InDesign or Illustrator)
- Can make computers, projectors, sound systems, etc. all work together.
- The Cape Breton Partnership has offices throughout Cape Breton, so work location is flexible.
- Salary range based on education and experience.
- The successful candidate can start right away.
Please forward a cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4 pm, December 7, 2018