Atlantic Immigration – Opportunities for Your Workplace – Port Hawkesbury
- Tue, Jan 23rd, 2018 @ 04:00 pm
- Presented By:
- The Cape Breton Partnership
- Civic Centre - Port Hawkesbury | 606 Reeves St, Port Hawkesbury, NS B9A 2R7
Canada’s demographics are changing and Nova Scotia shows no exception. Many businesses are wondering how they can overcome major gaps in the labour market when more people are leaving than entering the workforce.
The Cape Breton Partnership invites you to attend an information session for employers on Immigration in Atlantic Canada to understand the changing labour market needs in Cape Breton, the new initiatives being put forward by the provincial and federal government, and a current list of solutions available for your workplace. We will have information on the new Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP), the Local Immigration Partnership and the Connector Program.
The AIP is an innovative program – part of the federal government’s Atlantic Growth Strategy – was developed to help businesses fill labour gaps and grow. It is for employers in any sector, who are trying to overcome issues that are hindering sustainability or growth opportunities. Some of those challenges include:
• Experiencing labour shortages;
• Facing difficulty attracting and retaining talent; or
• Looking to address the emerging and or persistent labour market challenges.
This is an opportunity to engage with the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration and their regional partners on the benefits of immigration and which programs you can utilize to get started.
• The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
• Cape Breton Partnership
• Immigration francophone de la Nouvelle-Écosse
• YReach Settlement Staff – YMCA Greater Halifax / Dartmouth
• Cape Breton Island Centre for Immigration (CBICI) – New Dawn
This event is free to attend, but pre-registration is required. Click here to RSVP.
Workshop & Networking with Regional Partners