Program Coordinator – Cape Breton Connector Program
- April 9, 2018
- Presented By: Cape Breton Partnership
- Deadline: 4:00 pm April 27th, 2018
The Cape Breton Partnership was formed in 2004 with an aim of instilling ownership, confidence, and pride to enhance prosperity in Cape Breton. The Partnership is dedicated to developing a united approach to addressing economic issues and growth opportunities within the region, while also encouraging the retention and expansion of existing companies by identifying barriers and ways to remove them. The Partnership seeks to increase economic prosperity by mobilizing the energy, expertise, and resources of both the private and public sector.
The Cape Breton Partnership is recruiting a Program Coordinator for the Cape Breton Connector Program. The Cape Breton Connector Program is a new initiative of the Cape Breton Partnership through the Cape Breton Regional Enterprise Network program that provides valuable professional networking opportunities to work-ready new graduates, new international graduates, and newcomers. The Program Coordinator will be responsible to work with the Cape Breton Partners to implement the work plan details of the Connector Program, including the installation of client interaction software, developing a list of connectees, developing a list of connectors from the professional community, hosting events related to the connector program, and developing relationships with post-secondary institutions, businesses and community partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting the Chief Operating Officer, the Program Coordinator’s primarily responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with other Connector Programs across Canada to identify program best practices.
- Work to brand and install National Connector Program software.
- Ensure timely entry of data into the Connector Program software.
- Develop an engagement strategy to build and maintain a good relationship with Connectors and Connectees.
- Provide oversight and ongoing evaluation of the Connector Program to advance the Program’s goals and objective.
- With support from communications staff, develop a marketing and communications plan for the Cape Breton Connector program.
- Manage Connector Program Social Media channels. Create content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites and encourages audience participation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with post-secondary institutions, immigration settlement service organizations, community partners, and businesses to maintain a source of referrals for connectors and connectees.
- Encourage post-secondary institutions and other relevant partners to refer qualified candidates for consideration.
- Assess applications of connectees to ensure they meet the program standards and guidelines.
- Recruit Connectors from the business and professional community.
- Recruit newcomers, international students and local graduates who are work ready and assess their sustainability to the program.
- Project-manage events related to the Connector program including speed-interviewing events, networking events, workshops and annual appreciation events.
- Promote employment support programs to facilitate participants in their search for employment.
- Track program participation, Connector relationships, and prepare monthly program evaluation reports and reports for funding partners.
- Provide quarterly written reports to funding partners and support the Office Manager in preparing financial reports by maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Promote the Cape Breton Partnership brand internally and externally.
Applicants must have a post-secondary degree with 1-3 years of experience in project coordination and project management.
- Exceptional relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of local post-secondary institutions and knowledge of immigration settlement services in Cape Breton.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability as a team player.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations on required actions.
- Sound judgement and the ability to maintain confidentiality of clients and partners.
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service.
- Proven ability to make sound decisions.
- Proven ability to be a creative problem solver.
Location is flexible within the Cape Breton Regional Municipality, Richmond, Victoria, and Inverness Counties.
A competitive salary will be offered based on a combination of education and experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to:
Chief Operating Officer
Cape Breton Partnership
The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 27, 2018 at 4 p.m.
The Cape Breton Partnership thanks all those candidates who have expressed interest, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.